Yorkshire Event Centre, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ
The Yorkshire Event Centre is a beautiful site on the outskirts of Harrogate, just off the A1. It’s famous for being the home of the annual Great Yorkshire Show which has been going strong since 1951 and has on average 130,000 visitors attending the show over 3 days so the infrastructure is second to none!
The venue is geographically right at the centre of the UK, so is accessible to shooters nationwide. We have plenty of visitor parking on hard standing ground close to the entrances, professional indoor exhibition halls, plenty of toilets and amenities and good old sensibly priced Yorkshire food and Yorkshire portions. The venue has a mixture of indoor exhibition halls and beautiful outdoor space where we will have our interactive shooting areas and outside exhibitors.
Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8NZ
Please note: The majority of sat nav’s direct traffic from the M62, M1 & A1 motorways to Harrogate via Wetherby (A661) This may be the shortest route, but not the easiest or necessarily the quickest as you go through the town! The most straight forward route for motorway traffic is to use the A1 and exit onto the A59, signposted to Harrogate, you will pick up the yellow AA signs from this point to the Showground.
There is a coach park close to the main entrance at the showground and you can reserve a parking space in advance. Please contact 01472 809727.
Harrogate Railway Station, HG1 1TE (2 miles from the show venue)
The station is in the town centre of Harrogate and is approximately 5 minutes drive away.
Taxis are available at the station or phone Blueline Taxis on 01423 530830, or Mainline Taxis on 01423 555555.
Leeds Bradford International Airport, LS19 7TU (12 miles from the show venue)
The airport is the closest to the showground and is approximately 25 minutes drive away.
Taxis are available at the airport or phone Arrow Cars on 0113 258 5888.
Free Hotel Booking Service
We are working in partnership with BGC Events LTD to offer a free hotel booking service. Click on the weblink to see a list of available rooms in the locality to the venue exclusively for the show. Rooms start at £50 & if you’re feeling flush they go up to £250 a night. To make use of the service, please visit the BGC Events LTD website.
Alternatively, if you wish to contact them direct, your dedicated contacts are Katherine or Nicola at BGC Events Ltd they will advise you which is the best value accomodation for your requirements. Their contact details are: E: email@example.com T: +44 (0) 871 9782700
Harrogate Caravan Park
Alternatively if you are looking for more budget accommodation there is Harrogate Caravan Park which is a caravan & campsite well presented and with excellent facilities. This is based on the show site only metres from the Main Entrance. You can visit their website at www.harrogatecaravanpark.co.uk
- Car Parks open at 6:45am
- Official show opening times are Saturday 8:30am – 5:30pm and Sunday 9.00am – 4.00pm
- FOR FIRST AID OR EMERGENCY please go to the Organisers office in the foyer of Hall 1 or contact a NSS team member or security officer.
- Please ensure guns are kept in slips/cases at all times unless in use. All FAC/SGC licensing conditions must be complied with at all times.
- Please note we do not have cash machines at the show. Please make sure you organise any cash prior to the show. We will have a token cash back service at the main entrance & at the organisers reception desk in hall 1. Cash limit will be £100 and the fee £2 per transaction.
- Disabled parking has it’s own dedicated area in the show ground, follow the signs once in the show ground & please display your blue badge clearly to enter this area.
- Show guide will be available for FREE – Show guide includes a full show layout map & full exhibitor listing along with information on all outdoor activity areas & itinerary of all demonstrations and presentations.
- Dogs are welcome on site but are not allowed in Halls 1 and 2. They are allowed in all other halls, marquees and areas. We have provided a Dog Creche located in the Gundog Area for you to leave your dog in confidence whilst you explore the two Halls. At all other times we ask that dogs be kept on leads under handler control and not left alone. We encourage you to pick up any mess they leave and the Organisers have provided free doggy bags available from the Dog Creche or Organisers office should you need them. Dog water bowls are located throughout the site.
- Free car parking is available to everyone.
- Clayline – To enter the clayline you will need to purchase a show ticket. Fibre wad cartridges only please.
- The Organisers accept no responsibility for any damage or loss howsoever caused to property and/or vehicles brought to the show site and all visitors to the show site enter at their own risk. Visitors or animals sensitive to noise should not enter the site as there may be sudden loud noises.
- The Organisers reserve the right to film and publish videos from the event which are filmed by our official videographers. We also reserve the right to publish all photographs taken at the event. Our official photographers/videographers will ask parents/guardians for permission before photographing minors where possible. If you do not wish your images to be used, please inform our official photographers/videographers. No images in any form whether photo, film or video taken on site throughout the weekend may be used commercially without the written consent of the Organisers.